YOU WILL NEED:
- tape measure
- plastic applicator card (provided)
- masking tape or painters tape
YOUR DECAL CONTAINS THREE LAYERS:
- The top layer is the transfer tape.
- The middle layer is the decal.
- The bottom layer is the waxy backing paper.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Using the plastic applicator, first lay the lettering on a table and smooth it out several times. This will help the decal to adhere to the transfer tape during the application process.
- Clean your surface to ensure a smooth and dust-free application.
- Create a reference line vertically, in the middle of the decal with tape.
- Tape the decal to the surface you are applying. Use the level to straighten decal. Use the tape measure to center the decal on your wall (optional).
- From left to right, remove the first half of the decal backing (remove in small sections for larger decals).
- Use the scissors to cut off the first half of the backing paper.
- Using the applicator, slowly smooth out the decal, adhering it to the surface.
- Repeat steps 3 - 7 for the second half of your decal.
- Beginning in the upper left corner, slowly remove the transfer tape, leaving the decal in place. Do this in a straight, pull down motion rather than out away from the wall. Keep your force as close to the wall as possible. This will help so that your decals won't remove with the tape.
- Step back and enjoy!
TIPS, TRICKS AND HELPFUL HINTS:
- Unroll your decal first and lay it flat on a table with a heavy book or object on top to help smooth them out. Any wrinkles in the transfer tape from shipment will not damage your decal.
- Decals adhere better to warm, room temperature walls. If you are applying in cold temperatures you may want to warm the wall with a hair dryer.
- Apply to textured surfaces with your hand instead of the applicator card.
Disclaimer: Sweetums cannot be held responsible for any decals that do not stick due to: wall texture, eco-friendly paint, surfaces painted within 30 days, or applying to surfaces under 68 degrees. The customer assumes all risks when applying our decals. Sweetums cannot be held responsible for damage to paint, walls, or any other application surface.